
Let me give you some background on this one. So I've had a really rough couple of weeks/months dealing with a seemingly endless migraine. I recently needed to leave my full time job and I've been basically home-bound for a few months. Yeah, fun.
Kaleb was recently out of town for a few weeks on business and would call each night to ask, "How was your day?". With the current situation, I really really dislike this question. When I've been stuck at home dealing with some primo pain what is my response supposed to be to this question? One evening, this is the conversation we had:
Kaleb: Hi, honey.
Me: Hey.
Kaleb: So, how was your day today?
Me: Oh, it was just great. (note the sarcasm)
Kaleb: No, I'm being serious, how was your day?
Me: I'm serious too...(freakout/rant to follow...) How do you expect me to answer this question? My day was crappy? I had to call in to work; I can't sleep for more than two hours at a time; I can't keep food down; I can't read-it hurts my eyes; I can't watch TV it makes my head spin; I feel useless; I'm drugged; I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING BUT WALK AROUND OUR DUMB HOUSE AND TALK TO YOUR DOG! Yeah, great day...how was yours?
*At this point I'm all worked up and pretty mad*
Kaleb: (laughing hysterically) Oh my gosh, that is the funniest thing you have ever said! You're talking to the dog all day! Ha!
This was a moment where Kaleb got away with totally dismissing my feelings...because, lets face it, I was ranting and it was pretty funny! Thankfully I got a good laugh out of it and now when Kaleb gets home from work he just asks if Bruiser told me any good stories today. *eye roll*
So yes, I talk to my dog. Thanks, Bruiser, for being a great listener! He really has been good company the past few months!

5 comments:
Abby I'm sorry to hear that you still have migraines! At least you do have the dog to talk to and keep you sane.
I'm so sorry about your endless migraine. That stinks!! I wish I could do something for you. I'm glad you've at least had some company. :) My dog growing up used to always cuddle up to me when I wasn't well and I loved it. And talking to your dog isn't that weird. Better than talking to yourself (which I also do. lol)
I'm sooooo sorry that you're still dealing with those nasty migraines. I've never had them as bad as you've gotten them, but when I have had them they're AWFUL! I hope you start to feel better soon...but until then I think that talking to the dog is perfectly normal. I talk to my sleeping child all the time. LOL ;)
I love it! You guys crack me up!! I love how you talk to your dog! Hey, whatever works, right?! I'm so sorry you STILL have so many migraines! I feel so bad and so helpless! Wish I could take that pain away!!! Take care!!
MAN! That must be so frustrating. What happened with work-- are you down to part-time, or are you done completely? What about school? Oh Abby... well, this migraine's got to end eventually, right? Sorry for what you're going through. Good thing for Bruiser.
PS. How were the 2 weeks in CT? What did Kaleb think?
Post a Comment