Saturday, July 10, 2010

Home

"What a happy and holy fashion it is
that those who love one another
should rest on the same pillow."
~Nathaniel Hawthorne


(Well, technically for me not THE SAME pillow...
I need about three around me at night!
But you get the drift!)




I am half way through my two week time back at home with Kaleb. I need to be at home. The last month of my internship is going to be difficult...but I look forward to September when I will be moved back home permanently again.

Sometimes it aggravates me that I need Kaleb so much and am so dependent upon him. But I am...and I hope that I return the favor once in a while.

Kaleb can be tough to read sometimes...but for those of you who know him well you cannot help but recognize his innate sense of compassion. I deal with chronic pain in several forms. Last night it was at its peak again...and I was feeling a sense of guilt (I know it was irrational guilt) over bringing my burdens to Kaleb and having my physical difficulties affect his life.

He just hugs, wipes tears, and brings home these:

Okay...well I can't get the pics to upload. They were bad cell phone pics anyway, but they would have shown a beautiful boquet of flowers, some super dark chocolate, and THE MOST FANTASTIC GIFT: Tiger Balm Muscle Rub. Ahhhhhhhhh. Perfect. :)

Safe, secure, taken care of, loved....thank you, Kaleb.

3 comments:

Katie said...

You married a great guy. (So much Andy considers him 'a friend'!) Glad you get to spend some time home where you can be taken care of- you deserve it... however Cass keeps asking about ya!

Koreena said...

How sweet!

Sorry you're in pain so much of the time. I can relate. I've had unexplained pain for years (no migranes like you though) and I often feel bad that things are all about me when I'm in pain.

Hope the next 2 months go swiftly for you!

Nicole said...

What a great guy! I'm sorry to hear about your mom and all of the craziness in your lives. Hopefully things will all come together shortly, I'll be thinking about you.