Thursday, April 1, 2010

New Background...No new news!

So, I changed my background to say Happy Easter to everyone...but I really have not had a great urge to post much on the blog lately! Oh well....here is a bit of an update:

I am currently staying up in Rhinelander with my parents while I complete an internship. I had a great opportunity to do some work with a local day-treatment program. I am getting A LOT of experience, no pay, but great experience and credits towards the goal of graduation by the end of summer.

Kaleb has still been traveling quite a bit for work, but is hoping to be based out of Milwaukee again soon. We are fortunate that they are keeping him in a "floating" management position until they find a permanant home for him. Our move to Connecticut is on hold due to difficulties with the real estate market. We still have our house on the market and will be able to move for the company if/when we sell. (Not a promising prospect in this market.)

For now, we are comfortable with the arrangement! It is not the best living in two different towns...but we are both accomplishing a lot towards our goals and will make it work!

4 comments:

Koreena said...

Hope you're able to sell your house sooner than you think!! I'm glad that you have such a positive perspective on the situation. I think you're amazing, Abby. Hope you know that! :)

Karisa and John said...

How's Rhinelander? We miss you here Abby-- it's been forever since I've seen you! When are you coming back to Milwaukee next? Carmax is an amazing company to be so flexible with Kaleb, all depending on your house plans. Wow.

Hope your condo sells-- that must be so frustrating. Keep us posted!

Adrienne & Scott said...

Good luck with everything!! It will all work out for the best! We need to get together once Savannah can come home. We can't wait for you guys to meet her!!

Brady and Jess said...

YAY Rhinelander! We are coming for a visit next week (14-18). Flying into good 'ol Mosinee... I know we wont have a lot of time to do much else, as the weekend is packed with family activities and we leave Sunday morning at 730am, so we will miss church, but I'd love just to say hi if you are around and give you a hug! Call or text me if you will be around.